January 31, 2009

To whom it may concern

Dear bank teller person,

While I can appreciate the fact that you can see exactly how much money I have, where I spend it, what bills I have and whether or not I pay them on time; I am discouraged that you don't take the time to notice that my 3 year old really doesn't want to be here, that in 5 minutes I will be late to pick up my 8 year old and the fact that I have absolutely no interest in what new service you have to offer me each time I come here.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the drive through was for days when I am in a very big hurry, can’t get out of my car because I don’t wish to wake my sleeping toddler or simply am not in the mood to come into the bank and socialize with the people who know as much about my finances as I do. I thought the drive through was for speed and efficiency so when I finally get my turn, after waiting in a line 4 deep, and I send my quick little deposit through the tube I would not expect you to start asking me about my day and if I want to open a new low balance money market account on top of the one I already have. When I come to the drive through it REALLY means I am not here to chat.

So I would appreciate it very much if you would just finish what I came for in a timely fashion and stop asking me if I want to pay for annual rewards, if I have savings accounts for my children, how come I never use my visa attached to my account, if I want to move funds into another investment account etc.

Thank you for your cooperation,
You know who I am

12 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Don't you hate sluggish people? Ugh!

whoopsadasie said...

OH man...that is TOO FUNNY! Don't you wish she would read it!

I have NEVER heard of a drive through teller doing that...I am the one that has to start the conversation and they are in a hurry to shut me up!! LOL!

Grams said...

I second that one! It is so annoying to hear their "commercial" at the drive through window! Well written :)

Kim H. said...

Okay, seriously, I don't mean to laugh, but I'm laughing because it's so ridiculous. Like "hello people, isn't the drive thru supposed to be FAST?!"....

Last week I went and sat and sat and sat and both tellers had their backs to me and neither one realized I had sent my deposit and had been sitting there for like 5 minutes before ever being acknowledged. Then they BOTH realized neither one had helped me and I didn't even get a "sorry for your wait". Annoying.

And NO SUCKERS EITHER FOR MY KIDS - what's up with that?.....the injustice of it all.

bradsling said...

this week I called to activate a new credit card (2% cash back!) and the person on the phone had my credit report pulled up to ask me about transferring a balance from another card - invasion of privacy!

Courtney said...

I'm sorry, because I know you posted this because you were annoyed, but this was hilarious. and I totally hear you! Except the last time I had a similar experience, I had a screaming, hungry infant in the car. Never again! UGH

Lindsay said...

lol oooo how they always do this! Our bank (credit union) is small they know who we are when we go in.. I dont really need to hear about all of the new services.. I was at the meeting.. I got the written letter and the email :-P.

Jenni said...

Isn't that ANNOYING? Oy. Just cut the chit chat and let me go!

Becky said...

Thank goodness for the night deposit drawer! No lines, not yakking tellers, well - no service, but it's quiet.

Laura said...

yup....that would fall under the list of things that make me nuts.
I know they are just doing what they are told, but it would be crazy if we had to start all of OUR transactions with "Hi Ms. Teller Lady...no sales pitches today thank you."

Anonymous said...

ROFL - is all I can say! I can relate to this - what a cute way to vent about it though girl!! Creative!

Hugs,
Brandy

Terra said...

I was surprised by all the responses on this one. Clearly, even though they ARE doing their jobs they bug most of us. Brad's comment really got me though. That one was AWFUL