January 29, 2009

A little of this and that

Hodgepodge post...lots of little things on my mind and nothing to really say...so I am going to just put it all out there:

First poor Lauren came home from school (at the end of the day) sick. She said to me in the halls "I have been cold and dizzy all day" when I asked her why she didn't call me she said "because I don't want to be sick" that girl has some will. She cried when I told her she was going to have to miss tomorrow and has been asleep on the couch ever since.

Second I read an amazing thing on this site, where a family is dealing with some very hard things, and I had to share this paragraph because I think we all need remember this no matter what side of the coin we find ourselves on:
"I am coming to a place in my life that I realize people WANT to do. My mom has told me that if I do not let people DO for me, I rob them of the joy they receive from DOING. So, I am learning to accept help. I am learning that I can ease my burden when I allow others to enter my life and do something that makes them feel good."
And lastly I wanted to share a few of my favorite LOCAL sites with all my friends in bloggy land. These sites belong to friends or friends of friends right here in Colorado. I visit them each once a day no matter what and I love what they have to say. I hope you will enjoy them too.

13 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, poor thing...hope she feels better tomorrow.

Great quote and thanks for sharing some those blogs!

The Blonde Duck said...

Great shout out for your bloggy friends! I hope your baby girl feels better!

Becky said...

She looks so peaceful and sweet. There's nothing like sleep to help mend the body. I'll miss her at school - seeing Lauren in the hall is like a little bit of sunshine everyday.

whoopsadasie said...

Poor baby....hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for sharing the blogs...I went and visited them all! First one was very sad. We never know what we will have to endure in this life.

jen@odbt said...

Kids don't ever want to think they're missing anything. I hope she feels better. Looking forward to checking out some of your blog reads.

Bonnie said...

Poor Lauren, there is a lot of stuff going around. I hope she feels better soon!

Krape Family said...

maddox has been sick all week. That time of year I guess. Hope Lauren feels better soon.

Lindsay said...

oo I hope Lauren starts to feel better soon!

I read the book 90 minutes in heaven and he had that same realization about letting people help him and if he didn't then he was robbing them of the joy.

I obviously had not read your post when I sent you that email this morning :-P

Alicia said...

Great post.

Ben was sick the last two days; high fever, etc. etc. He seems to feel better today. Just a 'virus' as usual.

Courtney said...

bummer -- I hope Lauren feels better soon.

As for the keep believing blog, its she amazing. my heart breaks for her and I am inspired by her strength!

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

Oh, I hope Lauren feels better soon!! And, thanks for the link! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope she is doing better now! My 6 y/o Kiara just got ear infection, my 2 year old has been a crazy boy all week and my 5 month old was up til 1am last night {or should I say this AM} crying, would not nurse, would not lay down, would not be happy - just screamed. I gave him tylenol, nothing, finally I called Dwan from Blogging Momma and she said "how about orajel" .. FUNNY thing is the orajel WORKED, my baby boy was passed out in my lap within a few minutes and slept all night. Gosh I feel so bad there isn't anything I can do to stop the pain of teeth coming in!

I don't like to see little ones sick or in pain!

Hugs to you and yours,
Brandy Ellen

Kim H. said...

Poor little dee-dee! You can see just by her skin color she doesn't look like she feels well.

I'm praying for a quick recovery and limited victims.