October 12, 2009
August 17, 2009
While your there check out the KROGER mega savings event giveaway!!! You don't want to miss your chance to win!
July 29, 2009
July 6, 2009
June 30, 2009
June 29, 2009
June 25, 2009
June 22, 2009
New... Nature Valley Nut Clusters
They were sent to me by My Blog Spark for review and I was so excited! I had to give my dad the Almond bag because I can't eat Almonds but the Cashew ones were TO DIE FOR! And I was equally thrilled to find out that the serving size for these clusters is 8 EIGHT 8. (just 8 not 888) but 8 IS ALOT and they were so yummy - I think I had 10!
The Cashew Clusters were my personal FAVORITE but they also have Honey Roasted Peanut and Nut Lovers! Go ahead pick up a bag - You won't regret this one!
I promise! (going corny) I am NUTS about these Nut Clusters!!!
Today I am gloating! Remember this?
Well I got me one! Thanks to Grams! She said it was an Un-Birthday Present for always helping her with her computer stuff...I don't care what kind of a present it was...I just know I GOT ONE I GOT ONE!! And - she even bought the matching MOUSE! How cute is that? Thanks Grams!
June 21, 2009
June 18, 2009
June 17, 2009
June 16, 2009
Today is one of those days that I could say so much and yet so few of those thoughts are actually coming together so I am going for the "list it" approach -
1. After having her tonsils and adenoids removed Hailey was back at the Dr. on Sunday (yes Sunday) with a double ear infection - Riddle me that one
2. After having her tonsils and adenoids removed Hailey has developed a squeak in her voice and to be totally honest - we are hoping it will go away
3. Summer break started 15 days ago and we yet to make it to the pool - first it was because of the surgery and lately it has been the weather - though I have to admit I am LOVING this cooler summer weather - I am a winter girl.
4. When scheduling a garage sale to finally take care of THIS problem...it would be smart to keep to look at your calendar and NOT schedule it over top of your daughters Post Op appt. If you do you will find yourself on the phone begging the scheduler to find something/anything that she can squeeze you in for this week so you can find out about the aforementioned squeak and more...
5. I was excited to receive some preview copies of the new TNT shows late last week. Some of them had already premiered others are premiering tonight! I am really looking forward to watching Saving Grace - this show is right up my ally, I screened Hawthorne with "him" last night and we were both intrigued - said it was "tivo worthy" but also talked about how Pilots are not usually the best - do you remember the Seinfeld Pilot? did it suck you in? Not I! And lastly if you are not totally fed up with reality TV yet - Wedding Day also premiers tonight - and while this show is NOT my cup of tea I am sure it will provide lots of viewing pleasure for many!
June 15, 2009
Grams and Hailey visited a local toy store for a rest (or maybe it was a couple of new balls to play with at Grams house)
June 13, 2009
Today I bring you a little bit of our random diva (all photos courtesy of my blackberry - the only way to catch all the random moments)
Hailey can't leave a store without wearing at least one of the new items purchased (notice grams in the back with the "old" shoes) and will always stop and pose for the blackberry.
Until she added the tap shoes and broke out her tool set and pretended to be Mrs. Handy Manny on my chair.
June 12, 2009
I have fond memories of throwing these boogers over the railing as a kid and watching them float to the ground over and over again. So when I saw them at a store I picked up a bag for the girls to have fun with (and they fit in Easter Eggs)
June 10, 2009
Equivalent to "Go for it"
"Can I have a piece of your burrito?" "Knock yourself out."
A term for: Do whatever the hell you want, it doesn't bother me.
"dad, can i go to the park?"
Same as "go for it" or "go nuts". If you really dont care at all about a person doing/taking something you say "knock yourself out" as in to do/eat until you pass out (if you really want to). Same as "go for it" or "go nuts".
Person 1: "Hey man, can I have some beer?"
to work hard to achieve something, usually implying success
Wow, Mary! This is a great party. You really knocked yourself out. It seems every time you give a party you really knock yourself out.
June 9, 2009
This weeks edition is appropriately called "I can't feel my fingers" and to be honest my feet are on their way out too!
What I learned this week:
1. I could NEVER be one of those beach-side braiders in the Caribbean
2. My little feets can't handle 4 days of standing, walking and climbing several flights of theater steps repeatedly
3. Oh and family game night is not all fun and games...
If you missed it see the Peter Pan pictures below! It was a great show - just a bit hard on my body!
June 8, 2009
June 4, 2009
It was really fun for me to see Hailey get Puzzling with us!
This is the finished product
What a yummy puzzle!
PS - Hailey is doing ok since the surgery - she is not back to 100% yet but she is hanging tough and we are knee deep in Peter Pan this week so I am a bit absent to say the least and yes, I changed the header on the blog...I will be moving it soon if technology ever cooperates...
June 3, 2009
June 1, 2009
Feel free to Join in, or at least go and Anita and see what she does for her!
To kick it off I decided to write about writing. I write for me. I have always loved to write. Way back when I was 5 I started with poems (one is framed in triplicate and resides at multiple family homes). As a teen writing became an outlet - and has been ever since.
I write poems, short stories, blog posts and more. Writing keeps me sane, writing gets things out of my brain and into my computer and this makes my brain much happier. Sometimes I even send myself emails just to get stuff out of my brain.
I also make lists, I write a lot of lists. The above list is a list of blog posts and this post is on this list and I can't wait to cross it off!
When Lauren was born, back in 2000, I started a website, on that website I kept a journal and lots and lots of photos - in 2004 when I was pregnant with Hailey life got in my way and I couldn't spend the time updating the site that I used to. It was hard, it was sad and it went on for almost 4 years. In February 2008 I plunged into blogging - I kept my blog private at first only going public in October of 2008 - I am so glad I did! I love having my blog as a writing outlet. It has been fantastic for me and all my lovely readers make it even better!
So there you have it - I write, I write for me - I write a lot and who knows maybe someday I will get the courage to pull the trigger and try to publish some of my stories. Maybe. Someday.