January 10, 2009

A meme I was never gonna do...

So, I am not generally a big meme fan...my little blog is really for the memories more than it is for anything else...after stopping by a favorite blog this morning Laura from Catholic Teacher Musings practically dared me NOT to do this meme.
She was assigned a letter and had to type 10 things she "fancied" that began with that letter" Her letter was P and I loved some of what she wrote about so I left her a comment about hers however, I told her not to assign me a letter because I probably wouldn't do it and it would hurt her feelings.
A short couple of hours later I got this email from Laura
"Therefore I give you X. And, you won't hurt my feelings when you DON"T do it because I will forget about it like I forget about every meme given to me. Have a great day."

Well, now Miss Laura - that sounded a bit to much like a challenge to me so here goes:

1. XX
The double xx chromosome that is....
because women rock!

2. Xylophone -
Because banging on the xylophone when you were young is a memory no one ever forgets!

3. Xanex -
"anti anxiety medication"
Though I have never taken it, I hear it works wonders when used properly...and there are certainly days when I wish I had a bottle of happy pills laying around.

4. Xanadu Xan·a·du (zn-d, -dy) n.
"An idyllic, beautiful place"
A place I would like to be at this very moment, rather than responding to Laura's beautifuly crafted, non-intended, dare to meme

And let's not forget the above Xanadu...if I only I could dance like her eh?

5. xerox
"duplicator that copies graphic matter by the action of light on an electrically charged photo conductive insulating surface in which the latent image is developed with a resinous powder a copy made by the xerox process reproduce by xerography "

OR - in other words the machine that copies everything I need a copy of and even things I don't...

6. XXXVI
"being six more than thirty"
Because that is how old I thought I was when verified the roman numeral and then later had to ask my 8 year how old I was...turns out I am only XXXV I can wait 6 more months for the i...what a treat!!!

7. xenodocheionology
"love of hotels"
Hello, seriously - there is a word for this. and I do love a good hotel!

8. Xyst -
"A long and open portico, for athletic exercises, as wrestling, running, etc.,
for use in winter or in stormy weather. "
Oh, and it is also a four letter word begining with X that is in the US Scrabble dictionary, that I now vow to never forget because that X can be a zinger in scrabble!

9. xenon headlights
Because they glow a blueish light rather than that funny yellow glow we see so often and we have them on our cars and it starts with X and that is what I have to do.

10. xyron sticker maker/laminator

Because these are cool (until you run out of materials halfway through a project with your toddler) but they are cool...check them out.

OK, Laura I did it. And because I am a rebel I have to add my own end to the challenge:
Now, lets not forget my biggest pet peeve with the letter X and the phonetic sound it makes...for example -
X-ray starts with X so shouldn't the following words be: Xtreme, Xcellent, Xact, Xaggerate, Xcersize, Xam, Xcavate, Xcel, Xception, Xchange, Xcite, Xclaim, Xclude...OK you get the picture....but seriously.

9 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

As the Partridge Family once sang, I think I love you! THAT IS PRICELESS! (and how grateful I am you didn't include xenophobia!)

Great work!

Grams said...

Number 6 made me laugh :)

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome post!!! You did so well and I loved reading it! Thanks for posting it!! So much fun!

Unknown said...

Impressive. I don't think I would have gotten past #4. :)

Becky said...

Nice job! You go to the head of the class.

Laura said...

I commented...at least I thought I did.
FANTASTIC!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!
GEM.

Kim H. said...

Okay, now that was a great post! I am completely and utterly impressed. Way to take on the challenge and rock it out! :)

whoopsadasie said...

That was awesome! And to have the letter "x"!! I KNOW I could have never done that. I never knew there were so many words using the letter "x"! I learned something new today...I can go to bed tonight. ;-)

Jenni said...

You're GOOD! And who doesn't love a good hotel?