January 22, 2009

Marley and Me and her and even her too...

I was not sure if I was going to take Lauren to see Marley and me so I decided I better read the book first. About 100 pages in I quickly decided that I needed to see the movie before I could let Lauren see it. I knew the dog died at the end and I was ok with that but I was a bit concerned with the trip to Italy and my 8 year old. I loved the book by the way. But ultimately decided I needed to pre-screen the movie. I also have a " You have to read the book before you see the movie" rule and I was not prepared to let Lauren read Marley and Me.

So, I was off to the Tattered Cover today to look for more books like Georges Secret Key to the Universe for Lauren and imagine my surprise when I found this


The 100% G rated version of Marley and Me. A bit below Lauren's reading level but she can finish it quick and I know she will love it! Still don't know if she can see the movie or not but I can wait for the DVD to find that out.

Then Hailey and I proceeded into the children's section to find a book for her. She was having a horrible time deciding. It is so overwhelming. I finally had to say pick a book in one minute or we are leaving without a book for you today (because you all know I really don't need anymore books in my house anyway)

At that moment she stomped off, looked around and grabbed a book and came back to me with a huge smile on her face and brought me this:

Ok, so now seriously. What a brilliant concept. Marley and Me for her and her and her too (or him I suppose) and the result of course is that we are now the proud owners of all three...

and soon to be owners of the DVD too I am sure. Way to go John...this is a brilliant way to milk it for all it is worth but for all the love you gave that feisty dog...I suppose you deserve it.

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

The book is so funny but I can only get up to the last couple chapters...I can't stand where the dog dies...

Unknown said...

That is tooooo funny. I knew there was a book but didn't know about the books. Now I just may get suckered in as well!

whoopsadasie said...

I haven't read the book...I want to see the movie though!

How cool that you all three have a book about Marley!

Bonnie said...

The dog dies?????????? Just kidding.. I knew that. I like you have a weakness for books.. I love them. Good for Hailey for finding that one. I bet she was pretty happy with herself.

Lindsay said...

ooo very fun! I loved that book as well! I didn't realize there was such a selection for the different ages.. I hope the movie is age appropriate for your oldest :-). I haven't seen it yet.. can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Alicia said...

HA! I heard great things about the book ~ but haven't read it...it's about six down on my reading list. I won't see the movie before I read it...so I will be waiting for the DVD, too. We should make it a Mommy-Night-In and watch it together! :o) I know how Hailey feels in the bookstore ~ it's so hard to decide! I want to have a sleepover at the bookstore so I can spend hours perusing the shelves!

Courtney said...

we were so excited this holiday season to see the children's versions of marley and me... we totally bought two for gifts (the bad marley and Christmas one)... our friends have a son double l's age and their dog is named marley. it was perfect and such a cute story. Did not know about the other version you bought for Lauren. great find!

MommaDJane said...

My family went and saw that movie and came out crying, a bunch of grown adults. I didn't take my kids either but not sure if I will let my little one see it once it comes out. Possibly... Let us know what you think of it once you do see it.