January 14, 2009

Dear Hailey Part 2

Dear Hailey,

Well you made it a whole 36 hours without your blanky and with your light off at night.

Though you have taken to sleeping with an old Baby Gund Puppy thing that Cathy bought you when you were a baby and you continue to come in my room in the night...either to let me know that your light isn't working or to tell me that you are going to go potty and then return 2 minutes later to tell me that you just went potty...

I would say that you are sleeping a little better and that we are proud of you for not asking for your blanky. But seriously, if you could just stay in your room till morning that would be SUPER.

Mom and Dad

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey! A little trick my sister-in-law gave us ~ they use it for their 4 year old ~ and we have started using it with Cailey. Put a clock in Hailey's room and tell her she can't come into your room until the clock reads 6:00 (or whatever time you want). My SIL had to cover up the minutes on the digital clock (because Lily would come in every time she saw the number 6!), but it still works wonderfully! We now use it for Cailey and it's wonderful!!!!

Kim said...

Oh heck.. I make the same wishes.. just a least until five.. :)

Terra said...

Hey Alicia - we did that will lauren but she had to wait till 6:30! Hailey, however would sit up and stare at the clock rather than sleep. She does sleep past 6am it is the middle of the night that we struggle with...and she does use the restroom so we don't want to mess that one up...we are in a real pickle!!!

I have to say...I have never been a sleeper so I did this to her I am sure but she has to learn to go potty and back to her room without visiting us..

Alicia said...

Cailey had the same problem ~ coming in in the middle of the night. We just told her that if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she has to stay in her room if the clock doesn't say 6:00 or later. She can go potty, but has to do right back to bed until 6:00 or later. It took a few days, but it works great now. She woke up the other morning and read a book until 6:00 and then crawled into bed with me. Doesn't matter to me ~ I was sleeping :o) :o)

Alicia said...

I see your problem, though. That's a bummer.