January 17, 2009

Old Toys Rock

There is something to be said for toys from the 1970's and I mean the originals not the new child safety approved redo's. My mom saved this toy from when my brother and I were little, Lauren played with it from 2 to still and Hailey loves it too!

I have to admit it is also still a favorite of mine. Though I have no idea what it is called we call it the peg board and we make shapes, patterns, houses, cars all sorts of stuff on it. Hailey's favorite thing to do right now is fill it up and them empty it again.







Thanks mom for saving some of our old toys!

11 comments:

Grams said...

You and Brad filled it up and emptied, too when you were Hailey's age. Fun to see it again!!! You both played with it for years.

Allison said...

Looks like hours of fun!

Kim H. said...

Too cute! That hair is too much. I love it. She and my Molly are kindred hair spirits. :)

Leo's Mom has each game they had in their original boxes - it's crazy. I'm amazed at what she's hung on to, but boy it's fun for our kids to know what we all played with.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I so agree. Old toys are the best!

Becky said...

My Chatty Cathy is in the basement - and guess what? She still talks! String pulling was high tech back then. Those old toys are the best.

The Bailey Family said...

So much fun! Mike has all of his toys from when he was little, so if we ever have a boy he will have all the good (original) GI Joes!

Hailey is so sweet!

The Blonde Duck said...

Saw you around and wanted to stop in and say hi!

Courtney said...

I absolutely love old toys! the photos are so adorable!

whoopsadasie said...

Too cool...they don't make them like they used to do they! I saved some of my kids toys too! My oldest just was asking about a toy the other day for her daughter! I said...Yep...I got it!

Laura said...

I remember seeing that toy.
It reminds me of Lite Brite.

Lindsay said...

OO I played with one of these when I was a kid! Loved it! So fun for your kids to have some older toys to play with :-)