January 3, 2009

Double Vision

Happy New Year! and no my double vision is not from ringing in the new year however it is kind of a funny story:

Remember when the girls and I went to visit Santa and I discovered the fantastic Sketchers store at the mall? And spotted these must have shoes in the window?

Then I went home and ordered the must have shoes from Zappos because I didn't want to take my shoe loving diva into the Sketchers store at the mall...but Zappos only had children's sizes - which was actually a bonus because they are cheaper and they fit?

And I got the black and gray ones because they didn't have the cool colored stripes or the pink ones in my "kids" size...but I loved my shoes when I got them and even added them to this post to show them off...

Fast forward to Christmas morning when I started to open a gift from "he who would rather not be named" but is often referred to as Hubby or Daddy here in blogger land...on his gift tag it said simply "Who shops before Christmas" can you see where I am going with this? Inside the box I was thrilled to find these:

In MY size, from the Sketchers store at the mall and in the color choice I originally wanted! So now I can mix and match if I want (not really) but I really am thrilled and still get a kick out of his note to me on my gift tag but adore the fact that he not only read the blog, but also went and bought the shoes for me! Yeah him, yeah me!


I plan to milk the Christmas story posts for a while longer, interjecting to post more important things...Please if you did not read the post from Wed scroll down and read it now!

8 comments:

Becky said...

That is one of the sweetest stories I have heard! So much Christmas love at the Emerson house!

Kim said...

He who would rather not be named... chuckle.. my husband is the same way.. ahhaha..

congrats on the shoes..they are adorable.. :)

Courtney said...

your husband is a good man and too sweet :) I love the Christmas posts. Keeping them coming...

Krape Family said...

I LOVE those. I might need to get me a pair.

Kim H. said...

I LOVE IT! Don't you just adore it when they pay attention to our oh-so-subtle hints?.....

Enjoy those slipper/shoe thingies - I'm sure they'll add a little more bounce and even more smile to your step just thinking about the story behind them. :)

Happy New Year!

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

Love the shoes! What a great hubby you have! Hey, I gave you the Lemonade award. Go check out my blog to see it! Happy New Year!! Let's keep it carbon monoxide free...how scary!

Amy said...

Isn't it nice when they do things right? Love the shoes, might have to run over to sketchers and get me some!

Laura said...

Okay.
those are really cute.
I might be having them.