January 18, 2009

It's been about a week

I think it has been about a week since we played hard ball with Miss Hailey. If I had more energy I would go look it up, but I don't, so I wont. In the meantime - the update is that she is doing better. She is only coming out usually once per night and sleeps till 6 or later (today it was after 7!!!) She did have one night this week that she cried for her blanky - it was so sad. It was about midnight and she had just used the restroom, I was still awake so I went to tuck her back in and she sang herself a sad song about missing her blanky for about 10 minutes before she went back to sleep and then tonight when I tucked her in she said "if I maybe start sleeping in my bed better I could have a blanky again because I need a blanky." She is not likely going to forget her blanky anytime soon as she has an excellent memory. I am thinking that after a couple weeks maybe she can get a new comforter for her bed, she has been asking for a flower one for quite some time and maybe that would subside the desire for blanky eh? Just a thought, not a commitment.


I think I mentioned that Lauren is reading Georges Secret Key to the Universe? By Stephen and Lucy Hawking? Anyway she LOVES it and is almost done. She has been falling asleep with it in her hands at night and talking about it each morning. It has renewed her energy and desire to understand and study space. She made a solar system and hung it on her door, she has decided once again that she wants to be an Astronaut (old dream from when she was Hailey's age), has started a "Space" Binder that she is filling with information that she is googling and asking a ton of questions I can't answer...watch out Uncle Brad your In Box could be full soon!


Coming soon:
DIY and Major Messes Part 1 and 2
You Know Who You Are
A little more about the Owls (Courtesy of my mom)
Lost and Found


PS - Spell check just informed me that "blanky" is not a word but "googling" is? Go figure.

6 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I write children's stories as well! If you ever want to talk about your writing ideas and adventures, I'm here!

whoopsadasie said...

Ohh poor Hailey...tough love...gotta love it! ;-)

Jenni said...

Oh I don't know the book Lauren is reading, but I am going to look into it! It sounds like a good one!

Allison said...

Glad to hear you are staying strong about blanky...today is one whole week without pacifiers for Cate and we have had 1 or 2 rough naps, but I think we are pretty safe now! She was at a party yesterday and one of the kids had a pacifier and she didn't even grab for it (as she normally would have)!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are sticking to your guns on blanky. You are a strong mama!!!

Keep up the wonderful work, sounds like you have an amazing family!

Hugs,
@brandyellen

Becky said...

I'm a little fuzzy on the blanket thing - does she earn it back if she stays in bed all night or is it a done deal?