May 18, 2009

What I learned this week is hosted by Jo-Lynn over at Musings of a Housewife. Jo-lynn also posted a ton of reviews on her review site this week - check them out!


It is amazing what can change in just a few minutes. I had every intention of posting this as a "weekend wrap up" post. I was busy uploading the photos to link to and everything.

Then I stepped out front with Lauren and while standing on the edge of the porch I decided I wanted to walk around a bit. To get down from where I was standing you have to cross a 2 foot rock bed. Big woop right. Right.

But when I went to JUMP I took a little pansy leap instead.

I have never looked before I lept before in my life (just ask Grams)

I took the SAFE WAY off the porch. The EASY WAY over the rocks.

I looked before I lept.

I realized it the minute I landed. I was shocked. I think I even spoke outloud what I was thinking in my head.

"Wow I must be getting old"

Damn.

17 comments:

Grams said...

LOL :)

Anonymous said...

hehe I was thinking that this was going to end in a tragedy.. but glad you learned to look before you leap.

Bonnie said...

Not old..just wiser.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Hope you have a super week!

Brandy From Happily Blended

Unknown said...

You crack me up!

Tassi said...

Good lesson! I mentioned you and the contest briefly in the post. I'll say more tomorrow when I put up Lindsey's attempts at a poem!

jen@odbt said...

Phew. I also thought this was headed to a twisted ankle or something. Damn I'm old too! LOL!

Allison said...

funny little post!

Unknown said...

LOL!

I am with you on the looking now too!

Anonymous said...

Ha! You're not getting old, just smarter.

Amy Platon said...

ha, old is cute...when it's on someone else right? Welcome!

Alison said...

I've always been the cautious type. But there are other things that are making me realize how old I am.

Courtney said...

oh my goodness, I totally thought this was going to end up horribly as well!

fortyb4forty said...

I thought you were going to say you'd landed on something and hurt yourself, glad that didn't happen.
Very funny.

Kim H. said...

Oh thank God it was just a pansy-wansy leap. I thought you were going to post that you broke something.

Jen said...

You make me laugh - but since we've had our fair share of ankle injuries here from you know, NOT looking before leaping, I can say...good move!

Unknown said...

Ha--very funny!