May 11, 2009

What I learned this week is hosted by Jo-Lynn over at Musings of a Housewife

I had me a nice and busy week... In a round about way I was put in touch with Justin Matott - (author extraordinaire) and besides the fact that he has a professional website at http://www.justinmatott.com/ he also has a blog at Justin Matott Snickers - that he has been keeping for quite some time but never quite new what to do with it...and he let ME play with it!

That was so much fun and while we are still fine tuning a few things...we are also putting together a super fabulous, extra fun contest to roll from blog to blog to blog! So if you aren't a subscriber to my blog AND his blog you best get hopping before you miss out!

I also learned how to throw together a pirates costume when you just can't make some of the things you purchased work...OH and how to make a PURPLE beard because lord knows I couldn't find one on the net - I found Orange, I found Green but no purple...


So there you have it...I learned a little, played a little and now I am conniving a little - don't miss the contest it is sure to be super fun for all! Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of ....Words -

25 comments:

Unknown said...

This was too cute of an entry! Loved the pictures. This was a great read. :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So fun. I LOVE that purple beard!

XOXO
Jen

Lori said...

Ahoy, matey! I hear that on Facebook you can change your language to "pirate." Funny, huh? :) Sounds like a fun, busy week!

Becky said...

WOW! Blog designer of the stars! You rock, girl! Love Lauren's pirate face.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That costume looks great. You did a wonderful job.
Blue beard purple beard, what's the difference? LOL
Blessings,
Kim

jen@odbt said...

You did a great job with his blog! Lauren is a cute pirate. Wait...can pirates be cute? Why purple?

Kim Priestap said...

I love that costume. How creative. Great job, mom!

Pam said...

Great pirate costume. How did you make a purple beard?

Unknown said...

What fun! I have pirate loving kids here too! Not only how did you make a purple beard, but why...just because?
You're a fun mom!

Anonymous said...

That is one happy pirate :-)

Terra said...

Yes the beard IS in fact Purple the internet and my camera have just tinted it blue....

It was a foam visor and hot glue and Purple fuzz from a boa type item in the craft isle at Hobby Lobby!

Terra

Bonnie said...

Great costume.. you are the best.
Also love Justin's new blog look. I noticed the background changed colors. Can't wait to hear more details on the contest.

The Fritz Facts said...

Is that for her dance thing? How wonderful! I love the beard, it is perfect!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Omigosh. LOVING that pirate.

The Buntens said...

Very cool costume!!! You are ultra talented!

Krape Family said...

I almost didn't recognize Lauren.

Honey Mommy said...

How fun! What a great mom you are!

Justin Matott said...

There once was a Lauren with beard...
With mom's magic, purple whiskers appeared!
A pirate so cute,
in a great mom-made suit
The other pink pirates just feared...

THREE CHEERS FOR TERRA! For being a great mom, great blog designer and all around just very nice person! Thank you for making me look good on the web!

Unknown said...

I love the beard!

Together We Save said...

Loved the entries.

Wendy said...

Well, it only makes sense that a pirate should have a purple beard. Now yellow, that would be silly.

Alison said...

You are so creative! Good job with the beard.

fortyb4forty said...

My boys play pirates all of the time but I've never had to come up with a purple beard.Looks like fun.

Kim H. said...

That purple beard is awesome -- and she's totally got the stance down.

As for the poetry. I stink at poetry. Really. I do. It's em-bare-assing!

Amy and her little family said...

I'll have to subscribe! I don't want to miss out on all the fun!