May 26, 2009

Before, Durring and After

It's over, sort of. Hailey did fantastic. I bawled my way out of the room surgery room. The Doctors and nurses were all in shock at what an amazing patient she is. The Anesthesiologist actually said she should be in medical movies because she is so calm. Kind of a weird thing but sure makes a mom proud! This was Hailey this morning BEFORE we left the house. She had just opened a new puppy Grandma sent for her to take with her

She named her Puppy - "Puppy Joe" and I don't know why but I just love that name.

Here was Hailey after the surgery. After fighting to wake up as fast she could - (I knew she would) she succumbed to rest when they placed her my arms. Only to wake once and ask "did he take my tonsils out" I told her yes and that she did great and she drifted off to dream land again.
And here she is at home. When we first arrived home she threw up all over this couch, me, her and the floor. and not just any throw up either - but I will spare you... Then she proceeded to eat and drink any and every thing we would let her have!

When Grams and Gramps brought Lauren home from school, Hailey was a bit giddy, she even got up and did a JUMPING SOMERSAULT - We all freaked and scared the crud out of her...she cried and then we felt so bad.
Grandma Mary sent these wonderful balloons and flowers and Hailey felt so special. She walked over to them many times, wanted to talk about the flowers and the colors! What a nice thing!

At 6:00 Hailey asked if she could "go upstairs and brush her teeth and go to bed" we haven't heard from her since. But I have the monitor on and I plan to check in on her soon. She really was a great patient...from what I understand the worst is yet to come for her - but thankfully her memories of today are good ones!
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support! It means a lot!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww Terra, I hope she rests well. I know it's an emotional roller coaster for you as well.
She is just so adorable.

The Buntens said...

Oh, sweet girl! I hope the worst is not bad at all for her. What a trooper. I know you are glad to have this done with for now. Hang in there during the healing.

Anonymous said...

aww she did so well! Hailey is such a trouper! Hoping tomorrow goes smoothly for you! So glad you are all home and settled in for the night. I hope tonight goes well and she wakes up at her "new" time :-)

The Fritz Facts said...

I am so glad that she is doing well today. It is such a hard thing for any Mom to deal with.

I hope you have a restful night!!

Alicia said...

Yay, Hailey!!! I am so glad this is over for her. From experience, just stay on top or stay ahead of the pain meds as much as you can. Give her hugs and kisses from us! What a trooper!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I bet you're really glad that's behind you. It sounds like you both did a terrific job.

Feel all better soon, Hailey.

Krape Family said...

I am so glad to hear it went well. We have been through surgeries for both boys and I know it is not easy. Hope she heals quickly.

Paige said...

Funny that Hailey asked if her tonsils were out, Nicole's first words were, "Put them back in!" Glad to hear the day went, well it went as planned. We're thinking of you.

Kim H. said...

You're such a good Mom, Terra! Your girls are so lucky to have you.

That picture of her in the hospital gown reminded me of me holding Maddy when she was about the same age when she had her hernia surgery. And boy, I remember the throw-up thing too. Good times.

I hope you're all stocked up on jello and ice-cream! :)

Hang in there and remember you need to rest too when YOU can.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh - she is so cute. I am so glad that things went well!!! It's so hard to see your kids going through things.

XOXO
Jen

Becky said...

Yea Hailey! I'm excited to see the real Hailey who doesnt feel so miserable all the time.

Bonnie said...

I am so relieved for you that the surgery is over. I'm glad she came through it well. Let me know if you run out of popcicles.
I hope things go as well today. I love Puppy Joe, what a cute little puppy and adorable name.

jen@odbt said...

So glad it's over. Love the pic of you holding her. Way to go Hailey! They really do bounce back quickly.

Nikki said...

So glad to hear it went well - I also hope the recovery is smooth. Does she have something for pain? I bet it will be pretty sore. Poor babe! :-(

Allison said...

Well, she looks great for having just had surgery!

Wow and I can see why you might freak out if she did a jumping somersault, especially since she had already thrown up! And, how did she have the energy for that, anyway! hehe.

Hope today goes well. We're thinking of her.

Candi said...

She looks great. Kids are so resilient. We have the hardest job trying to keep them mellow for a few days!

Courtney said...

oh how is that precious princess today? Thinking about you guys. I am so glad all went well and sure hope she feels comfortable today.

The Bailey Family said...

So glad it's over...you both did great~

Laura said...

I just want to snuggle up on the floor next to her and feed her all the ice cream she could want.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that everything went well and that she is recovering smoothly. Ah, how I remember that surgery and recovery. But it made all the difference for my oldest.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad that everything went well! She's such a little cutiepie. Glad Mommy made it through, too! :o)