May 14, 2009

FOOOOOOOOOOORE

Or something like that anyway. This afternoon I took the girls out to play 9 holes (Par 3 course). They both did quite well. We didn't keep score, I didn't even take a score card. The best hole - Lauren got an almost legit 4 - ALMOST legit!

But we all had fun and that is what counts (oh except both girls had melt downs when the gnats came out - but we won't talk about how happy that made me)





Hailey and Lauren both enjoy golf right now. Lauren has had a few professional lessons this year and has been encouraged to begin competition this summer. We are going to try one tournament close to home and see how it goes!

Hailey, LOVES to hit balls - she is not too bad either for her age Check out the tucked chin in this picture



and the follow through in this one, complete with pointed toe...



And where else but in the Emerson household can a girly girl golf in her Easter Dress?


Or get her nails done just hours before she hits the links?

13 comments:

Grams said...

Love how Hailey wears her dresses for everything!

Laura said...

I love that you are teaching them golf.
I love to hit golf balls.
(Helps to release my inner beast.)

SouthernDogwoods said...

I had no idea you had a family blog! Yay! I will add to my blog roll! Your girls are adorable!!!!!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty Spring day to be out golfing. Hopefully you didn't have much wind.

The girls look so cute. Love Hailey in her dress.

Was that a professional manicure she was having??

jen@odbt said...

They look like naturals - my favorite part is getting nails done! I think I've told you before that there are soooo many golf scholarships out there for girls. I'm trying to get MG into golf to help pay for college ;)

Nikki said...

Oh I need to get my kids doing that! Golfing, not wearing dresses :-) There's a nice golf course near where we are moving and they offer kids lessons too. I think I better sign up with them - looks fun!

Woman Interrupted said...

Oh my goodness! That shot of Hailey in her little dress golfing is just too much! Daddy must be SO proud.

Anonymous said...

awww what a wonderful time you guys had! I love how girlie girl Hailey is in her dress out there hitting golf balls

Jenni said...

How CUTE are they! I have never done anything but minigolf!

Jen said...

I LOVE the Easter dress - how cute! Looks like you guys are having fun....well, aside from the gnats!

Kim Priestap said...

Your girls look like naturals! I especially love Hailey's follow through. You've got two future LPGA champs there.

Candi said...

When I took my boys golfing it looked way more out of control than your pics, lol! They look like naturals.

Lori said...

Love the manicure picture! I want my girls to be just as sporty and girlie as yours. So fun! :)