March 13, 2009

Rainbows in Heaven

Today, there are Rainbows in Heaven, and lot's of dog bones too.

We said good-bye to our leftover Beagle Riley today.

It has been a sad couple of days watching his health rapidly decline. We had known for a while that he was showing serious signs of just get old but in the last 48 hours we had to make a decision and we had to do it for him.

We got Riley shortly after we married in 1998, he was welcomed to our home by us and his "brother" Preston.

3 years ago we had to let Preston go and now they are together in doggy Heaven - surely they are running, playing and sniffing hiney's as we speak!

Riley we will miss you, you were a good boy with a lot of love in that heart of yours.

Here's to Riley and Preston...

Preston as a puppy - he was our "only child" back then!

Then Riley came along, and we had two little Beagles running our home

Riley was a snuggler! He loved to be loved!

Riley also liked to sleep in Preston's Bed....

Maybe that is because Preston liked to squeeze into Riley's Bed!

Preston let us dress him up, even won an online contest with this one once! (back in the days of Dial Up connections!!)

We have blogged about Riley loveing to snuggle under his blanky at night, and perhaps I had forgotten, but here is Preston also loving to be under the blanky!

They were somewhat Lazy boys, and loved their beds...
And now they are frolicking around Doggy Heaven, Together, Healthy and Happy.


WE MISS YOU GUYS!

20 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so sorry Terra!

Jen said...

I'm so sorry! We lost two family pets last year, and it was very hard on all of us. I'm sure you all miss Riley.

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

Oh, Terra! I'm so sorry for your loss!! :(

Kim H. said...

Why do we shed so many tears over those dumb dogs?....I'm so sorry Terra. You guys have had a rough couple weeks.

And that picture -- and Lauren's face is about enough to break my heart.

Hugs to you ALL!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I'm so, so sorry Terra! I will be so sad when that day comes for us!!! You have had a bad couple of weeks.

((((hugs))))
Jen

whoopsadasie said...

Oh Terra dear...I am soo sorry to hear this! I know how attached we become to our pets. They are like family!

Bless your heart for all you have been through these past couple of weeks!

♥♥♥ and ((((hugs)))!

Allison said...

Oh, Terra, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I hope this weekend, all of you will be able to relish in the fun memories of him. Your entire family is in my prayers.

Alicia said...

Oh, Terra! I am so so sorry. He really was a sweet pup. Cailey is super sad, too. Give Lauren and Hailey kisses and hugs from us and tell them we are thinking of you all.

Femin Susan said...

Hi....

Very cute all these pictures... Great……. Keep up.....

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh, this just made me sad, sad, sad. So sorry for a loss of a member of your family. :-(

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear he is gone, such a cute life he seemed to have. Loving family - the doggies both were lucky to have been loved so dearly & yes I am sure they met up and are 'sniffy hineys' so to speak as you said!

HUGS,
Brandy

Becky said...

We are so sad to say good-bye to Riley. He was a wonderful and gentle dog.

Bonnie said...

Terra, I love the pictures. What beautiful dogs. I will be thinking about all of you during this time. Sounds like Riley had a pretty long happy life for a doggie. He was lucky to have all of you.

The Bailey Family said...

Oh no Terra...Riley will be happy in doggy heaven with big brother Preston. I'm so sorry...oh I do love the photos though.

Megan said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a great tribute to your furkids. Pets bring such happiness. We have a pekingese named Gracie. She was our "only child" once too. We got her 2 months after we got married. But, when the kiddos came along so did pet allergies, so "grandma and grandpa" (my parents) gladly took her in. She is having a blast being an "only child" again. But, the best part is that we still get to visit her and love her up! There is a picture of her in this post:

http://meganisamommy.blogspot.com/2009/02/super-bowl-and-birthday-parties.html

Lori said...

I'm so sorry! I know that must be quite a blow to your family. :(

PS - working on that noreply blogger thing... thanks for pointing it out! There's so much to learn as a blogger... ;)

jen@odbt said...

I'm sorry Terra. There's a good book called Dogs in Heaven that helps kids with the loss of a pet. Hugs.

Candi said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. We had to go through that a few years ago with a family pet whose health also deteriorated. I feel so bad for you and the girls. As a parent it is worse (well maybe not worse, but not fun) because we have to be strong for the kids. :( HUGS TO YOU!

Krape Family said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are such a huge part of the family. We had a fish die last week and you would have thought it was the end of the world. I can't even imagine what they will do when the dogs go. Hope you are all doing okay.

Anonymous said...

ooo so sad.. I feel for you and your family. Dogs are such a huge part of our lives. Give the kiddos a hug.