March 31, 2009

I don't know why I swallowed that ... um ... NUT

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly Nut.
I dunno why she swallowed that fly Nut,
Perhaps she'll die.

HELLO - I ate this whole bag in the last 72 hours

and now I hear this?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/30/health/main4905228.shtml

Those who know me well know that I have major food phobias...this just stinks. My mom got a belly laugh out of it when she saw the news though, paused it for me so she could laugh as I watched it. Thanks mom.

ARTICLE QUOTE: Right now, the FDA is advising Americans not to eat pistachios but not to throw away their pistachios either. Basically, people should hold on to their pistachios until the FDA knows more about which products are affected.

Ok, Yeah - sure no problem - I hang on to them all the way to the GARBAGE CAN.

11 comments:

Lori said...

So sad! I'd do the same thing, though. :) Enjoy your nut-free day!

Allison said...

The second I saw the label on the picture, I knew where this post was going....I heard it on the radio last night. Good Luck. Hopefully, you will not be affected! That's too bad, cuz I love pistachios, too!

Emily said...

Oh bummer! I'm allergic to nuts, to this doesn't affect me. But man, I feel bad for you because I tend to be food-phobic as well.

Grams said...

I'm still LOL - sorry!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh no! I hadn't heard of that. At least you got your fill of nuts before they were banned. lol!

XOOX
Jen

Anonymous said...

ooo no.. hehe its kinda funny though.. I love that your mom is still cracking up about it :-P

Krape Family said...

Oh do keep us updated. I know a few who went through the peanut butter ordeal and it was not fun. I am going to keep happy thoughts for you!!!!
And a curse for food manufactures.

jen@odbt said...

Hmmm. To nut or not to nut. I hope your pistachios aren't affected.

The Fritz Facts said...

That stinks! It is not fun when your favorite food or snack is sort of recalled but not really. Talk about confusing!

Bonnie said...

We've been eating them too. Mark bought a big bag at Costco and Alex loved them......

Courtney said...

you are too funny. and definitely toss them!