March 16, 2009

Much ado about FaceBook

I have himmed, I have hawed, I have even poked fun. But tonight, on "he who would rather not be named" urging I have joined. I am messing with page and looking up old friends. Scary. Weird. Kind of feel like I am evesdropping on their lives. Oh well, I will let you know if I keep it up.

In the meantime, thanks for listening to me whine last night. As of right now we are sticking out dance through Peter Pan then making decisions, we have not called the Dr., the room in the basement is still a mess and I am losing the Limerick Votes...but I want to thank all those that voted as it was SUPER fun - no matter who wins!

Have I ever told you how much I love Dr. Seuss? Well, I do - we had Lauren's Nursery painted with a mural of pictures from Seuss books (now Hailey's room) and we have a 6 foot tall cat in the hat too!
The cat traveled with us in the car to preschool last week for Seuss's Birthday - It is SUPER fun to drive with a six foot cat in the hat in your passenger seat. Let me tell you! Anyway - thought I would share a couple pictures of Hailey with the cat tonight:



12 comments:

Grams said...

Love that Cat! Cute pictures.

Kim H. said...

Okay, first of all I'm sorry I missed the whine post last night -- I just read it. Honey, whine away. That's what we're here for. We love you even when you're whiney, tired, crabby, whatever!!! It makes no difference -- we still see your beautiful heart and spirit through that other stuff.

Glad you're still going ahead with Lauren's dancing. When you're overwhelmed with other stuff, you can't make those kinds of decisions when you're not in a good place.

Love the Dr. Seuss -- can't imagine the looks you got driving. What a visual.

Have a garage sale and get rid of all your extra stuff at once. Garage sale season is almost here. See if some neighbors want to have one too to get more traffic. And whatever you don't sell, have goodwill pick it up -- make arrangements for that around your garage sale date. You can do it -- except you don't need to stress about that today, kay?!!!

You've had a rough couple weeks, don't be too hard on yourself.

Love and hugs!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh - what cute pictures! That doll is huge! I have been thinking about blogging about my thoughts for a while. I have a love-hate relationship with it. It makes me feel like I'm back in high school - feeling those insecure feelings. You will have to let me know what you think about it. I am interested to find out!

XOXO
Jen

Becky said...

How fun to have that big cat riding around in the passenger seat! Maybe if I borrow him, people will think I'm dating.

whoopsadasie said...

Wonder what people where saying when the cat was in the car! That would have been too funny to see!

Hang in there honey...and CALL the doctor!!

whoopsadasie said...

Oh...and let me know if you do stay on FB...I am on there..and love it!

jen@odbt said...

Yeah. FB kind of over it. I agree with Jen - it's like high school all over again.

What a cute Dr. Suess - that must have been a sight with him in your car.

Bonnie said...

Ditto everything Kim H. said. I couldn't have said it better. Also love the visual of Becky driving around with the Cat! lol.
Good luck on the contest.. I loved your Limerick. Even if you don't win you were in the top 3. Yeah for you.
ps. I bet Hailey loved taking him to school. How fun.

Bonnie said...

ps. I've been curious about facebook too. Let me know how it goes. By the way, how is Twitter going?

Anonymous said...

hehe love the cat in the hat pictures! I totally would have freaked out if I saw you driving down the road with him in the passenger seat :-P

Jen said...

Love the pictures! My oldest was terrified of the Cat for the longest time. Terrified.

I'm a fairly recent facebook convert....so far I like it, but we'll see it it lasts. I did find out some "news" about a friend via facebook...news that should have been shared over the phone or in person. It didn't leave me feeling good. I don't think it should replace real communication...

The Fritz Facts said...

Love thte large Cat! Boo had a 5 foot Dora...now that was creepy!