March 5, 2009

My attendance record may suffer...

I thought about putting up a bad haiku to honor Laura who gave it up for lent

I wrote a short poem that I considered putting up

I debated, back and forth, this way and that...what I have to say I really can't right now say so I am simply going to say

ab⋅sent 
–adjective
1. not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present ): absent from class.
2. lacking; nonexistent: Revenge is absent from his mind.
3. not attentive; preoccupied; absent-minded: an absent look on his face.

That is me. for the next few days.

10 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Ha - cute! Have fun! See you when you get back!

XOXOXOXO
Jen

Laura said...

I was going to put up
"Gone Fishing"
I may need to take a break, but I'm thinking yours might be a different kind of break?
Ah. Mystery.

Bonnie said...

You will be missed. Are you going somewhere?

Anonymous said...

That is a cute way of saying things! Good luck and see you when you return!

Hugs,
brandyellen@writingsofawahm.com

jen@odbt said...

I'll miss you. I hope everything is ok with you. Enjoy the break. I'm thinking I need one too.

Courtney said...

do tell... where oh where are you going, my dear?

Lori said...

Enjoy your break! And I love the part of the definition about not having revenge on one's mind. We all need to be absent in that way! ;)

Anonymous said...

I hear you! See you on the other side :-)

Jen said...

We'll miss you!

whoopsadasie said...

Are you back now!?

If not, I will be here until you get back!