March 11, 2009

Off to Never Never Land

We can fly, We can fly , We can fly -


Well, maybe not - but some ballerinas will be flying! The oldest ones of course! Tinker Belle and Peter Pan will fly in this fantastic Ballet presented by International Youth Ballet!

Lauren had try outs tonight and she will be a Fairy and a Mermaid!

She is so excited and so are we!

I can not wait for the 4 hour Saturday and Sunday Rehearsals, the late nights just before opening night, the 4 shows in a row with two costume changes each to see Peter Pan the Ballet and Lauren performing in it!


Now on to more pressing business...what was the story?




First let me say one of you actually just about got it spot on right!

No it wasn't those of you who think I write like a 3 year old,

or those who are busying dialing social services right now.

Though Kim could have been right she wasn't -

it was Bonnie - Yes Dear Bonnie you were darn close.

It was Thanksgiving Day 2003, Grandma Mary had come to visit, the turkey was cooking, mom was doing something on her computer for a few minutes, Lauren was watching and a couple minutes later Lauren was snoring!

(oh, and though it may resemble one, that is not a uniform - just a dress!!!)

13 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

She looks like I feel...tired, but must. keep. blogging. reading. internet-ing. ;)

What a cutie.

Alicia said...

YEAH LAUREN!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU! We can't wait to see this performance, too!

Allison said...

Congrats, Lauren!!!!! I love Peter Pan! I bet she is flying...on cloud 9, that is!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Congratulations to Laure - how exciting!!!

And funny picture. That's usually my picture, but AFTER I've eaten my turkey!

XOXO
Jen

Laura said...

That picture is so adorable.
Congratulations! Little Lauren...

Becky said...

Three cheers for Lauren! Can't wait to see the ballet.

Bonnie said...

Go Lauren..Can't wait to see this one. I can't believe I was right or close to right.. do I win a prize? haha

whoopsadasie said...

Yeah for Lauren!

Aww yes...the dreaded turkey with tryptophan...works everytime!

jen@odbt said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear & see all about the performance.

I wish I could fall asleep that quickly.

Unknown said...

Sweet photo! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

Courtney said...

Congrats to Lauren!!! I am so excited for her. Awesome news.

Lori said...

Congratulations - that is exciting! I secretly hope that my girls get into theater because I never had the guts to... ;)

Thanks also for your kind words about my Grandma. :)

Kim H. said...

So, so exciting for Lauren!!! Congrats! You must be bursting with pride!!!

And you must take LOTS and LOTS of pictures to share!! :)

And the story of Hailey falling asleep is just precious!