March 1, 2009

The First Lecture

I am not one to go spouting my mouth off on things I am not at expert at. Ok, well that is a flat out lie!

Today, I am lecturing on my frustrations with the blog world. Why? I thought I would keep my big trap shut, but someone did it first and I feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon and spread the word....

Visit Our Daily Big Top OR Life with my 3 boybarians OR Dandelion Dayz and learn how to make every ones life SO SO SO Much easier by ending the cursed NO REPLY @ BLOGGER...

We can't email you when you leave us nice (or not so nice) comments and we so often want to! Please consider the above sites and learn how to fix that for the everyone elses sanity. If you don't want to give away your "real" address set a new one in gmail and use it just for BLOGGER EMAILS. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE!

And while we are on the subject, consider dumping that word verification junk on your comments. I dumped mine in October and have not had a single spam. (anyone got some wood I can knock on?) Anyway I figure if the spam starts coming I can put the WV back on but for now....DUMP IT!

13 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

I used to have no word verification on my posts and I was getting thousands of spam emails a day on my site. So I'm going to keep it. :) But I always leave my correct email address.

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

I was getting about 500+ spam comments an HOUR, so I HAD to implement the word verification. At least I found a verification program that let me program in my own words, and it seems to be relatively easy for my commenters.

My apologies if it annoys you. But, believe me, thousands of spam comments a day was a little too much for me to handle. :)

Terra said...

Of course the only two comments I got were from people that had an awful time with spam! Like I said I needed some wood to knock on and if I started getting a ton of spam I would reconsider the WV, but in my case I don't get any - so...and yes TCP yours is super EASY and Mamm birds is only 4 digits also EASY - the blogger ones of sometimes impossible so you have to try a couple times before you get through!

Anonymous said...

oo I am so w/ you on the no reply email address. I have one commenter that I would love to reply back to! I get tons of spam comments on mine even w/ the word verification.. But I at least turned off my owner approval.. If that gets better then im dumping the WV again :-)

Anonymous said...

Lecture...on Monday? geez I just woke up! LOL

I hope all is well with you, and although I do agree CPATCHA's are annoying I don't mind completing them when posting a comment ;-)

Hugs,
brandyellen@writingsofawahm.com

P.S. LOVE LOVE your st patty design!!!!

Bonnie said...

Well, now I'm not sure whether to get rid of my word verification or not..haha I may try it and see what happens..

jen@odbt said...

Thanks for spreading the word about the email thing. I hope it makes it's way around the blogosphere.

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

I will say, some of the word verification programs out there make me feel like I'm in an eye exam...some of them are very hard to read and make me feel old! LOL

Courtney said...

lecture away mama, I am a good listener :)

I do hate the no reply, I must admit!

The Buntens said...

Thanks for the link and the heads up that I WAS a No-reply blogger!! silly me.

I got rid of the word verification and no spam either - so far.

Someone told me that spam seems to come on older posts so you can set your older posts comments up for approval first.

Megan said...

Hey, thanks for this post. I had no idea about the reply to comments/email thing. I changed mine.

Candi said...

LOL! I see you blogged about this. I missed this post for some reason. Must have been one of those days I was so far behind in my reads that I just hit "Mark all as read"...or whatever it says.

So I think it fixed it... did I?

Lori said...

I'm with you on the word varification thing - that drives me nuts! :)