Christmas is only 12 days away! 12 days. Where does the time go? Am I ready? No...but I am at peace with where I am at. Almost all gifts are here in my house in hiding, a couple are still stuffed on the shelves of the big brown noisey trucks yet to arrive and only a few tiny things need to be picked up still. I started wrapping yesterday (even mailed a box to SC for Grandma Mary!!) I was happy about that. I was only wrapping friends and family gifts to start - so much more thought has to go into the girls stuff I won't start that until the others are out of my house. Anyway - I hope everyone is at peace with where they are at right now with the impending Holidays and can find some time to enjoy them!
I received this questionaire via email about two weeks ago then found it again on a meme over at Musings of a Housewife - I finally decided it could be fun so here goes...if you want to play along post your answers on your blog or in the comments of this one!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for just about everything family - Gift bags for school and most friends!
2. Real tree or Artificial? ALWAYS real...hives and all, but always real
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after the weekend after Thanksging (used to do it Thanksgiving but the trees have been drier and we like them to last and not drop too many needles
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day...
5. Do you like eggnog? HECK NO
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Well now that is a loaded question, there were so many and I can't remember what was Christmas and what was birthday (sad I know) but I remember a pair of diamond earings I got one year (and I think I lost one in the pool), the Barbie Dream house, my first pair of skis, Guess Jeans and oh oh, my boom box!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? The men in the family...and Lauren
8. Easiest person to buy for? Honestly, my husband - he is a good hint dropper!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? We did, I stopped putting it out though because it shed green mossy grassy gunk and I don't need anything else to clean (sorry)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? USPS - even if it kills me
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't honestly answer this. Can't think of an awful one and if I did I would be afraid to post it!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express, National Lampoons and the old fashioned made for TV specials for sure!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in October usually, but I also grab a little along the way when something strikes me as "perfect" for so and so.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the fifth.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's Sugar Cookies (made by me now) and my homemade fudge
16. Lights on the tree? Little colored lights inside - so beautiful
17. Favorite Christmas song? I don't know the name but the one that goes "Up on the roof top...click click clikc" can't you just hear me singing it now!
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? A little of both. We stay home for Christmas Morning but head up to Beaver Creek to Grams and Gramps house later in the day for a wonderful dinner, gifts and family fun!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon! Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen! But do you recall… the most famous reindeer of aaaaaaaaaall… Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! ( ok, I cheated...I left this here from the last poster)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? It is an Angel...I grew up with a big red star but hubby and I have always done an Angel...don't know why.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We get to open one present from Grandma Mary Christmas Eve the rest have to wait till after Santa comes!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Drivers. Drivers. Drivers.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love shiney ornaments - not tacky just shiney.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The peppermint ice cream after...
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A fantastic new year for all our friends and family, smiles on my girls faces and little less stress!