December 18, 2008

A great big thank you to Allison at A Slice of Heaven for passing this award along to me. The Christmas Spirit Award is for bloggers that are keeping up the spirit on line and in life through these hectic times! The catch is you have to list your 5 favorite things about Christmas and tag someone else for the award! Before I list mine I want to pass the award onto Laura at A Catholic Teachers Musings because she is witty, funny, entertaining, smart and full of it. By it I mean everything - I have a feeling she is an incredible teacher!!! And also to my good friend Bonnie at the Campbell Family - Bonnie is one of the kindest, strongest women I know! Merry Christmas ladies!



Here are the rules for the Christmas award.
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas.
If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.Now, for the five things I love about Christmas -



1. Time with family and friends - and I mean the slowed down, hang out and chat time not the "quick phone calls, emails and fly by the seat of your pants lunches." Actually having time to just enjoy each other is great.

2. The anticipation in our girls. This is a love hate relationship for sure. But is great. They get so excited and it takes so long for Christmas to come when the 24th hits is amazing to see the wonderment of "wow tomorrow really is it eh?"

3. Cookies, candies and more...THE FOOD. I love the food. I love to bake (well this is a love hate relationship too, I love it - my back hates it) I try to try one new recipe each year but my favorite is always Grandma's Sugar Cookies!

4. Sending and receiving all the lovely cards and notes! I love going to mail box in December!!!

5. Decorations - Lights - Santa and Books...Ok, I wanted to keep it to 5 so I lumped 4 together. Holiday books are the BEST, seeing Santa at the mall ROCKS, Holiday Lights make me SMILE and Decorating my house is so much FUN



Thanks again Allison! This was fun.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love this. Now that school is out I hope to respond to these. I'll start with yours.

Allison said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I have really enjoyed getting to know you and I look forward to much more of that!

Loved your list...Merry Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Thank you for the nice comments you made about me.. I feel very fortunate for your friendship.I do love Christmas. Do I post my 5 reasons on my blog or your comments?