My Friend Bonnie had a post on her blog today that was full of all kinds of randomness. From time to time we have so many thoughts we want to get on the blog and just can't pull them together into a valid, postworthy story to tell. So today I copy my friend Bonnie and I bring you all that is random with me.
1. Bonnie got a new bloggy layout complete with third column, new background color, new signature, a little spring in the header and a new post divider. I Did this last night. She had been asking for weeks and I kept forgetting! SORRY BONNIE. Go check it out and let us know what you think!
2. Facebook is great for connecting with people you want to connect with, but what about those who your not sure you really care about? I mean if we hated each other from 1988 to 1991 (the only four years we new each other) why do I want to suddenly become your friend in 2009? I get the whole by gones thing... but do I need to make friends with someone I was never friends with? Does it somehow make me a better person, is it going to make my life fuller? I don't know. I just don't get it.
3. If your willing please Tweet the Ficklets giveaway or post to it on your blog! I really do think the mom entrepreneur and her product are fabulous and I would love to help her spread the word even more! And YES, I am begging. The giveaway officially ends at midnight.
4. Jen from Sabbatical Mom has a guest Review over at Tales from the Nightstand today....go check it out and while your there drop down a post and enter the giveaway for I can Draw Animals! This book is really cute. I am also trying to drive more traffic to this site, trying to optimize the SEO if ya know what I mean, I am open to any and all suggestions!
5. Hailey and I will be visiting her Dr. on Monday at Noon to discuss this mess she is in, I think it might be a tonsil problem but who am I? I don't have a PHD that's for sure.
6. Have you ever noticed that I sometimes make up words when I blog? Apparently spell check doesn't like words like "postworthy", or "bloggy" - but I don't care - they make sense to me!
7. We are expecting another dumping of snow tomorrow or tonight or maybe never, so hard to tell in Denver. We waited all winter for winter and now that Spring has Sprung Winter showed up as well. If the storms "stays on track" we could see another foot of snow by Sunday morning. The Good news...I am AT HOME and don't have to go anywhere! The other good news is I LOVE SNOW. I love to watch it snow, I love to see the snow in the sunlight, I even don't mind shoveling the snow! But I will forgo this job to "he" and his snow blower if it is more than about 6 inches...I am no fool!
8. we just spent 7 days and 6 nights relaxing in Beaver Creek and today Hailey has school, tomorrow Lauren has rehearsals and life is beginning again and reality bites. Sometimes I just want to chuck it all and move to shack in the woods and live the simple life (whatever that is) -
Ok maybe not a shack.