Have you ever pulled over just to write yourself a note so you don't forget to blog about what just happened or your latest
Do you keep a running list of things your kids or husband or other unknown persons have done wrong by you so you can write about those instances as well?
Or maybe your draft folder is overflowing with unfinished posts?
Do you sort your photos according to weather or not they will make the blog?
Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night thinking "Shoot I forgot to blog about that" or Today is Wednesday and I don't have my post up yet?
Do you have a special system devised for reading your favorite blogs?
Do you love to see a new follower, a new commenter or just more comments than you usually get?
Well, on this my blogger-versary (yes my friends, today is my one year anniversary in bloggy land) - I confess: I have blogger fever and I DO, I HAVE and I will probably continue to DO all of the above! But I can say with huge confidence that the following has NEVER happened to me (at least not yet)
You have to read it - the whole thing -it is SO worth it - I promise
I thought about surfing my own blog to pick my top ten favorite posts to share, I thought about making a list of the top 10 gifts I would LOVE to receive for my blogger-versary, I thought about posting the top ten things I have learned as a blogger and I even considered listing my top ten favorite blogs in honor of my big day.
Guess which one won? You got it, I am a
1. I learned that it is impossible for me not to care for and send my heart out to total and complete strangers whose strength during a very difficult time is beyond belief.
2. I have learned how to create and execute HTML code, Design blogs, modify templates to meet my needs (and those of my friends), and in general have become even more of a self proclaimed GEEK than I used to be.
Because on the off chance the blogger fairy or elf happen to be reading, I just might get it - remember my double vision?
4. I have learned that I write more about all the fun, positive things that happen around here than I do the icky, stinky ones (though I write about those too - remember Busted?)
5. I have learned that even in bloggy land I gravitate to people who think, act and write similar to the way I do...I don't have to meet you -I already know you.
8. I learned that I can only resist temptation for so long and eventually I will cave. Just as I did with my I-POD I got for my birthday 4 years ago and just started using last year. I have vehemently blasted Twitter for months and yes...I caved - on the advice of my brother I have signed up (little brother I might add)
please don't leave me hanging out on a limb (ha ha)
9. I have learned that their really is no better way to chronicle all your memories in one place and hopefully pass them on to your children someday than a blog printed to a book and maybe they will even read them (after they have kids of their own and are pulling their own hair out one gray strand at a time) - I haven't done it yet, but I have started the process and can't wait!!!
10. AND finally I have learned that I can do all the things in Pondered in just one top ten list! So there you have it, a couple of my favorite posts, a couple of my favorite blogs, a gift I would not turn down, a shameless plug for my "other" blog and top ten list for my blogger-versary!