Anyway...I had one of "those" days today with the girls. I swear they didn't hear a word I said and ignored me at every turn. But that's OK, because I am a mature adult and I can handle it in style right.
Hmmm, Wrong. I have so many immature mom moments I thought I would share a few with you now. I am "not so proud" but I also know I can not possibly the only one so here goes:
Just a few examples of how immature
1. I find myself using my own whiney voice to reply back to my whiney toddler.
2. Child one asks "where is my orange juice?" (for the 12th time) and in my head I respond with “up your nose with a rubber hose” and remind myself: "please don't say that one out loud" as I get up to get the 12th cup of juice today
3. I try to lighten the mood by singing ridiculous songs when the kids don’t want what I made for dinner like “were having chicken pot pie and I don’t care, chicken pot pie and I don’t care” sung to jimmy crack corn
4. I allow myself to succumb to a total mom meltdown when my children don’t hustle over the instant I call them…because I know they heard me begging pleading and prodding but they still won’t come. Instead of calmly heading their direction and fetching them, I slam down my pen, stomp across the floor and utter those famous parent words “ARE YOU DEAF?”
5. How about when child two refuses to stop asking for something I have already said NO to at least twenty times. I have, yes, I have said “What part of NO did you not understand”
I know I have MANY more immature mom moments and I honestly wish I could think of them all now but since I can't...I want to hear your favorite immature mom (or dad) moments - come on, don't be shy...I know you have at least one!