October 16, 2008

Midweek Update

I saw this delicious, easy recipe on a neighboring blog earlier this week and just had to try it with my girls. Let me simply say YUM! OMG, these little turnovers took a total of 30 minutes (prep and bake) and were absolutely delicious! We tweaked the end version just a bit because of my sweet tooth and during the last 5 minutes of baking I brushed a little melted butter on top followed by some sprinkled Cinnamon and sugar and voila - amazing. This is something I will now keep the ingredients in the house for because it was easy, delicious and fun for us to make together! Unlike the other mom I did not photograph the experience so you will have to click over to her page to see them in action!

Today is a BIG day for Lauren - she gets her expander out at 9:30! YEAH! That thing has not been a pleasant part of her young life. Once it is removed she will do impressions for her retainer to help correct the overbite and the orthodontist is placing a small spring in it to also push her two front together a bit, though the fact that the two teeth beside her front teeth are finally joining the outside world has already helped with this a lot! Lauren is not looking forward to the retainer but I keep telling her "it comes out!!!" you don't eat with it in etc. The expander was a permanent fixture in her mouth - ick. Next week she will visit the good ole dentist and see what kind of damage was incurred while while wearing the expander for several months...that appointment will likely be slightly unpleasant...

I have plenty more to talk about: Lauren's water color painting for school, making our own snow, Hailey becoming SHY, the impending Holidays, the Dyson getting a haircut and more...but for now I am off to start Thursday and hope to make the best of it!

More later...

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

FUN! Glad you liked them! :-)