October 24, 2008

Favorite Holiday Recipe Swap

My mom just called and we were talking about how hard it is to find certain "favorites" at the grocery stores anymore. In this case it is the Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Cubes - we like the cubes not the crushed stuff and we mix a bag of herbed with a bag of country...well in the last few years they have been tough to find and the cube size has shrunk...PF if you happen to read this get your act together and start making things the way I like them again (please)!!!

So that got me thinking about all the holiday food I love and I even started my Thanksgiving food list so I don't forget anything!! While doing that I stopped to blog...because I decided it would be fun to swap favorites with friends! I figure by doing so now we may even have time to try a few before the big days and possibly change things up a bit?

Ok...not the sweet yummy delicious highly fattening deserts (we'll do those in December!) but the yummy Delicious dish that just makes every holiday perfect to you.....

Email me (or post in comments) by Friday October 31st and I will post them here for all to see and share!!! If you have a picture please include it too!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's not really Christmas at the Monteith house with out BROCCOLI STUFF bubbling away in the crockpot.

BROCCOLI STUFF

2 10-oz packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained.

2 cups cream-style cottage cheese

1/4 cup butter, cut in pieces

1 and 1/2 cup American cheese, cubed

3 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

Thoroughly combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Pour into greased Crock-Pot. Cover and cook on high 1 hour, then turn to low for 4 to 5 hours.

YUMMMM!!