March 18, 2008

Don't know what to call this one...

It is crazy how fast our days fill up and even when they seem to creep by the time is flying at lightning speed. We leave in 9 days for our trip. After spending that last few days obsessing about it I am finally feeling like we can actually go and not be naked! I have a whole corner of my bedroom dedicated to this trip right now - too early to pack but if I don't set it all out I am sure to forgot half of what we need. So I have stacks of Laurens clothes, Hailey's clothes, my clothes, a bag full of shoes and a bag that is starting to get filled with the other stuff (toothbrushes, shampoo, sunscreen etc). I find my wondering if I am the only one that spends this much time preparing for a trip? Do most people just open the closet the night before and pull and pack like my husband does? Pretty soon I will break out the lists - where I am constantly writing down things we need as I think of them and then crossing them off once I add them to the piles in bedroom...

Took Hailey to a couple birthday parties this weekend. She had fun. She was a little apprehensive on the way to the first one (the one she really wanted to go to) but she had a good time. The hardest part? Spending 30 minutes watching the birthday girl open her gifts. Hailey did great but I could tell she wanted a present too!

I wish I had lots of fun pictures to post I know you would rather look at the girls than read my ramblings but I don't have any new photos worth posting! It has been a little dull around here and you can only post so many pictures of Hailey and Lauren in leotards...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean about the packing thing. It takes me forever! Should be a really fun trip though. Bonnie

Grams said...

Bubbles, bubbles & more bubbles, is that a G. Book of Record thing going on????? What fun! Mom