November 5, 2008

on moms and keeping it all straight.

Motivated by the thoughts of others I got to pondering (uh oh). What exactly is organized? I have 3 calendars on my fridge...one for dinners (planned through January) one for every day life and one for hot lunch at school...I go through sticky notes as fast as I go through toilet paper and just today I left and came home TWICE just for ballet supplies for dance class. I have a spread sheet for Christmas gifts, a thanksgiving shopping list, a list of things to do before thanksgiving and a list for after - I have dentists, orthodontists, flu shots, hair cuts, rehearsals, shows, retainers, laundry, housework, work work and my brain is always buzzing, never quiet...I know I am not the only one, I know this list is way longer than what I typed, quite frankly I find it far to scary to type EVERYTHING that is in my brain, on my to do lists and otherwise dragging me down...but I am busy, I am a mom and I love every minute of it...

Right?

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I was telling my Dad the other day how busy I was and what all I had to do... he said, you may not realize it now but this is the best time of your life. It brought tears to my eyes because even though I was complaining I knew he was right! Hang in there Mom!

Becky said...

You have more energy than anyone I know. Zip zip zip - always on the go. Not only are you taking care of your own family beautifully, but find the time and heart to take care of mine, too! You are beautiful inside and out and are LOVED!

Grams said...

You do a better job than you realize. "You're gonna miss this"
(from the song)

You forgot to mention the many things you do for me. You are so appreciated!

Beth said...

I feel just like you do. Sometimes I am afraid that I am losing my mind because I am so forgetful. Then I remember that someday my brain will only have to keep track of the details of my life and not three peoples and probably I will be able to do that. And then I will miss my children so much :(
Beth

Woman Interrupted said...

Very cute blog and beautiful girls!

I would love to see your menu plan so I can steal some ideas...

Christie said...

I bought a Mom Agenda book this year, and I love it. I think you can get them at www.momagenda.com. They are awesome date books and they have a spot for every kid, plus daily dinner, christmas, birthdays, etc. I love it.

It's the only way I stay sane.

Allison said...

thanks for the comment on my blog the other day...i am so glad you stumbled on to it.

i totally know what you mean. my kids are a bit younger, but our schedule becomes busier by the second.

love you blog...i'll be back!