December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

A new year, already. 2009? Didn't I just get used to writing 2008? What on earth am I going to do in 2010 when the double zeros disappear?

We are heading home to Denver today, after a wonderful week in the mountains! We went ice skating, saw Bedtime Stories (loved it), played in the hot tub, put together many puzzles, filled my parents house from end to end with Christmas presents getting played with, had lovely family time and quite frankly are NOT ready to go home!

This was our drive up here on Christmas day!

one of our puzzles

The girls playing with Gramps

The girls getting ready for dinner at Mirabel

Hanging out in the hot tub...a favorite thing for them...
But reality will set in soon as school and dance begin again next week and there are things that we need tend to at home like taking down the tree and decorations ( I LOVE putting them up and HATE taking them down!) all must come down on Thursday...I refuse to let Christmas drag on through January in the house though it will likely drag on for a couple more weeks here in blogger land as I have so many memories I still want to post about!!!
Since the girls and I head home today, daddy is going to the store for us to pick up some eats and we are looking forward to a quiet New Years Eve at home (maybe with a neighbor) and ringing in the new year LONG before midnight! We will likely watch the Ball drop in New York at 10:00 on the news then we crash...sad isn't it? But, since I know we are not the only ones I wonder what New Year's countdown they watch on the East Coast when they want to go to bed early?

Here is me, wishing you and all your family a wonderful 2009!!

4 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

happy 2009! :)

Courtney said...

Happy New Year!

My husband dead seriously asked me last night as we snuggled into bed, "we don't have to stay up until midnight, right?". In my every so tired state, I said "nope", but this morning thought ABSOLUTELY!!! We are on the east coast and definitely need to countdown to the new year. I will let you know how it goes :)

Jenni said...

Happy New Year, Terra!!!

Totallyscrappy said...

A blessed New Year to you!